ANMF honours Eight Islanders; Secretary (Arts & Culture) appreciates the effort and initiative of ANMF
Port Blair, Jan 23: The Andaman Nicobar Media Federation (ANMF) on 23 January 2019 honored eight Islanders with ‘ANMF Andaman Heroes Award – 2019’ in appreciation of their valuable and selfless services towards Society and the People in the A&N Islands.
The function was held in the Conference Hall of HOTEL MANSHA REGENCY, Opp. Secondary School, Delanipur, Port Blair this evening. Mrs. Neha Bansal (IAS), Secretary, Department of Arts and Culture, A&N Administration was the chief guest on the occasion.
The programme was started after lighting the traditional lamp by the Chief Guest and others special guests. Meanwhile, Mr. Avinash, one of the awardees, presented two mesmerizing self composed songs during the Award Function, “My Heart Turns Shakespear” on the subject of world peace and “Maula” on the subject of Love for God. Both the songs are written by Sanjib Kumar Roy and the songs were highly appreciated by the Chief Guest. Later, Mr. Denis Giles has announced the names of Heroes with detailed achievements in their respective fields.
Mrs. Neha Bansal (IAS), Secretary, Department of Arts and Culture, A&N Administration gave away the Awards to eight Andaman Heroes 2019, who are Dr. Saji Vergheese, Surgical Specialist, Mr. Vallabh Rao & Mr. Kuldeep Singh, Life Guards, Mr. Jag Jeevan Ram, Logo Designer, Artist, Mr. Avinash, Singer & Composer, Mr. Abhay Kumar, Social Worker, Mr. Mohan Halder, Pradhan, Chouldari GP and Mr. Subrata Basu, Social Worker from Kadamtala. ()
During the programme, Mrs. Neha Bansal also honoured five hardworking members of ANMF on the occasion.
Mr. Avinash, one of the awardees, presented two mesmerizing self composed songs during the Award Function, “My Heart Turns Shakespeare” on the subject of world peace and “Maula” on the subject of Love for God. Both the songs are written by Sanjib Kumar Roy and the songs were highly appreciated by the Chief Guest.
Speaking on the occasion, Mrs. Neha Bansal (IAS) as chief guest appreciated the efforts and initiative of ANMF to felicitate the real Heroes of our society. The Secretary congratulated each Andaman Hero for their valuable contributions.
“Everyone is a hero at their own level” stating this, Mrs. Neha Bansal sighted an example of a street vendor of Flag Point area, who encourages all the customers not litter and also cleans all trash himself.
She said that it’s a general thought in the administration that only the people in the administration slog night and day but having attended this function, she has realized that there are also other organizations and individuals in these Islands, who are committed and dedicated in their respective fields.
Welcoming the gathering, the President, ANMF, Shri K. Ganeshan has recalled the achievements of ANMF in the service of people in a journalistic way, as tour to the rural areas in the recent past and visit to Dhannikhari Dam, CHCs, PHCs, Govt. Schools, and reviewing other places in the villages and covering the situations in media got a positive outcome. He further said, "now, we are proudly presenting the 'ANMF Andaman Heroes Award - 2019' to some among many who works for a social cause".
The General Secretary, ANMF, Shri Sanjib Kumar Roy has detailed about the process of the entire selection for Awardees. He said that, "the process was done in a free and transparent manner. It was happy to know that many are extending their helping hand to needy in our islands every day-in and day-out, the nominations we received are all best in their fields", and wished all of them best and keep working.
Mr. Elango, Vice President, ANMF was proposed the vote of thanks with hope, let heroes with in everyone always be at its edge for a noble cause.
Dr. Saji Vergheese
S/o K C Vergheese
Dr. Saji Vargheese, Surgical specialist was instrumental in developing the new specialty of Minimal Access and Laparoscopic Surgery in the history of GB Pant Hospital Port Blair for the first time in the year 2011.
He has successfully carried out more than 5500 surgeries in adults and children including the tribal patients.
He has performed many Supra major Surgeries in New born as well as in Pediatric age group, which were done for the first time in the history of the GB Pant Hospital, Port Blair.
Because of his expertise, patients referred to Super Specialty hospitals at mainland incurring huge expenditure to the Government exchequer are now treated free of cost at GB Pant Hospital Port Blair.
As the Minimal Access surgery is being carried out regularly in adults and children, poor patients from far flung Islands are able to return back to their home and workplace early without loss of daily earnings.
He has attended many outreach camps in remote islands and performed many surgeries including Laparoscopic surgeries which were done first time in the history of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
He has given his services in the INHS Dhanvantri, Defense Hospital on many occasions.
In recognition of his excellent professional skills and sense of responsibility of high order and outstanding service he was awarded, the Lt. Governor's Commendation certificate on the occasion of Republic Day 2014 and was commended by the Chief of Staff, Andaman and Nicobar Command.
Mr. Vallab Rao
Mr. Kuldeep Singh
Two Life-Guards posted at Ross Island, showing tremendous amount of professionalism, saved life of a tourist from Bengaluru by performing CPR on him, after the tourist suddenly collapsed at Ross Island Jetty on December 1, 2018.
According to details the Bangaluru based 53 year old tourist, Mr. Suresh Kumar suddenly collapsed at Ross Island near ticket counter, after which both the life guards Mr. Vallab Rao and Mr. Kuldeep Singh came for rescue.
They sprinkled water on the face of Mr. Suresh Kumar but he did not respond. When checked, they did not find pulse and hence they administered CPR on him on which Mr. Suresh Kumar responded.
When Mr. Suresh Kumar felt a little better, he was immediately shifted to G B Pant Hospital where he was admitted.
When Mr. Suresh Kumar felt a little better, he was immediately shifted to G B Pant Hospital where he was admitted.
Mr. Vallab Rao and Mr. Kuldeep Singh have not only exhibited tremendous amount of presence of mind but also highest level of professionalism.
Jag Jeevan Ram
R/o Babu Lane
Shri Jag Jeevan Ram’s family belongs to one of the oldest settlements (Pre-42) of Port Blair. After completing his bachelor degree from JNRM, Port Blair, he joined ICMR-RMRC, Port Blair in 1995 as LDC and presently working as Assistant (Office).
Besides being a disciplined Govt. servant with firm commitment towards his duties, he also proved to be an exceptional artist. He has a good command over computer aided design software with a special interest and ability in designing innovative and expressive logo.
The most important aspect about his work is that he is providing his aesthetic services purely on honorary basis without taking any remuneration that too while working upto late night after his duty hours.
His voluntary aesthetic services have been of great help to many departments/organizations for designing logos and insignias that includes National Defence College-New Delhi, CEFIPRA-New Delhi, Army Hospital (R&R)-New Delhi, ICMR- New Delhi, Indian Navy, Andaman Nicobar Police, Dept of Environment & Forests, APWD, Dept of Agriculture, Dept of Transport, IP&T, Dept of Art &Culture and many other organizations.
His some of the most prestigious and significant creations are:-
· His logo was used for the HDUCIM (ASEAN Countries) Meeting held at New Delhi during Oct 2016.
· The logos and banners for the most popular events of these islands viz. MILAN 2014 and MILAN 2018 were also designed by him.
· And most importantly among all, very recently, the Hon'ble Prime Minister of India, Shri. Narendra Modi, unveiled the 75 rupees coin to commemorate the 75th anniversary of hoisting the Tricolour for the first time at Port Blair by Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose on 30 Dec 1943. Now, it is a matter of great honour to inform you that the basic design of the coin was made by Shri Jag Jeevan Ram.
S/o Shri D. Appa Rao & Smti. Sarala Raj Kumari
R/o: Dignabad, Port Blair
A Playback Singer, Composer, Sound producer, Actor, Indian Classical & Western music teacher who started his musical journey when he was 9.
He is the recipient of LG’s Commendation Certificate, President of India’s National Child Award, Gold Medalist in PG in Indian Classical Music.
The only Singer to represent A & N Islands Internationally in Zee TV’s Saregamapa as E02’s Finalist & Runner Up & Theater Round Finalist of Indian Idol-4. Also the first & only playback singer of our Islands.
Some of his marked contributions in the field of MUSIC (NATIONAL/ INTERNATIONAL)
· * Nationally published Research journal on ‘Music Therapy’.
· * International Collaborations for Musical Play in Los Angeles, USA.
· * Song recordings with ICCR affiliated artists from Slovakia & Poland.
* * Music Composer/Director of the song Sun Le Zara which is Andaman’s 1st 4k Music Video.
· * He has performed in more than 2000 stage shows, many of them for charities, social & cultural awareness. Some of his notable shows were for Kargil war victims, Divyangs, Widows, Orphans, Poor Kids, AIDS awareness, Kerala Flood Relief etc.
· * He also conducts free Music Classes for the Tribal & Orphan Kids. He is Singer/Composer/Sound-Producer of Election Campaign (2014) & Swachhta hi Seva Anthem.
Shri Abhay Kumar
S/o D N P Chaurasia
Abhay Kumar is the pillar behind service oriented association - Living On The Edge (LOTE) which works for the betterment of society.
He conducted many free health camps in association with many renowned health care professional like, Dr. Ritika's Diagnostic Solutions, Swasthya Medical Centre, Bathu basti, Dr. Agrawal's Eye Hospital in the rural areas for the benefit of local people.
Abhay Kumar, helped many poor and needy patients for their specialized treatment by motivating public to donate for the cause. He managed many such campained and successfully helped patients like Miss Madhobi Mondal r/o Kadamtala, Mr. Maharaja r/o Wimberlygunj Mr. K. Yousuf r/o. Kanyapuram, Mr. Someshwer Rao r /o Shorepoint. He even helped athletes of the islands under Athletic Association, Andaman & Nicobar Is who were in financial crunch at Kolkata.
He raised many issues and supported administration like Banning of tobacco products, request to Ban use of Chemical Fertilizer & pesticides, conducted a prayer meet at Marina Park for the ill-fated passengers of AN-32, organised a football tournament.
Most importantly Bambooflat Chatham bridge issue was persistently raised by him since 2009 and a dedicated forum "Bambooflat Bridge Forum" under LOTE was formed in 2012 to persuade the government for construction of bridge between Bambooflat & Chatham. He got huge support of public for the "Bambooflat Bridge Forum" through social media campaigns.
For his dedicated efforts towards positive social changes and also in helping poor patients the A & N Media Federation has selected him for ANMF Andaman Heroes Award 2019.
Shri Mohan Halder
1. Mr. Mohan Halder is the first Pradhan in Andaman Nicobar Island who visualized and later organised village Haat, also known as Chauldary haat every Sunday near Chauldary market for the benefit of farmers. Chauldary Haat is not only helpful for villagers of nearby areas for selling their produces directly to the customers but is also helpful for all customers to buy fresh vegetables and other producers directly from farmer in affordable rates. The Chauldary Haat is a great hit among people of south Andaman area.
2. Mr. Mohan Halder is also the first Pradhan in Andaman and Nicobar Islands to organise a business summit in the name of ‘Chauldary Business Summit, in which various investors were invited and encouraged to invest in the village. Such efforts not only improve the economy of any village but also bring employment opportunities for the residents of that particular village and nearby areas.
3. Chauldary has become a major transit point in South Andaman area for ATR passengers. Mr. Mohan Halder under his leadership has provided free mobile charging point for the people who are visiting Chauldary area market for various reasons. Such small but thoughtful step makes a big difference in bringing more visitors to the area which ultimately improve economy of any place.
4. Considering the problems of ATR passengers and lack of public toilets in ATR route, Mr. Mohan Haldar as Pathan off Chauldary village has opened public toilets in Chauldary market so that are visitors travelling in ATR can stop and get freshen up. This not only helps tourists but also brings more visitors to the Chauldary village which ultimately improve the economy of the local village.
Well known for catching deadly and poisonous snakes that enter the human habitation. Till now Mr. Subrata Basu has caught nearly 186 Venomous snakes. He is often called even by Forest Department to catch snakes in Kadamtala area.
Apart from this the unique thing about him is his contribution towards the poor and needy who needed assistance in getting the bodies of their loved ones disposed. Till now he has cremated near about 113 bodies.
For his service towards society and dedication towards serving people A&N Media Federation has selected him for ANMF Andaman Heroes Award 2019.
Post a Comment